What Makes the Steps Academy Team so Exceptional?
Having worked at an exceptional center for seven years has been another beautiful journey for me. FSA has been like a supportive sanctuary for us all. Staff have been very caring, diligent and conscientious. They reciprocate the well-being and needs of the children and their families." Miss Tara
First Steps Academy is a wonderful place for children. I was an educator at this child care centre for almost four years and loved teaching there.
With various life experiences and passions, our staff are widely diverse and bring joy to all they do! We want your child to love spending their days with us!
Our highly trained staff are caring, professional and are our biggest asset! The education of our Steps Academy program Instructors range from Bachelor of Education, Degrees in Science, Expressive Arts, ESL training, Music, Language, physical education and much more.
Our staff continually tell us that they feel like we are all family and that they appreciate the support of administration and feeling so connected to our entire team.
Steps Academy works hard to create an inclusive environment where staff can express their individuality and feel safe to contribute their passions and skills.
Every staff member at First Steps Academy is required to meet the following qualifications:
- An ECE Level Certification, either by the Alberta Standardized Course or through equivalency within six months of their start date
- Acquire First Aid Certification with an Emergency Child Care First Aid CPR/AED Level B
- Criminal Background check including a vulnerable sector search within 6 weeks from their start date. This must return empty with no criminal priors
- Successful reference checks from professionals in childcare
- Acquire the Food Handler Safety certificate within 6 weeks of their start date